Thursday, January 20, 2011

Big Accomplishments!

It's funny to me how excited I get about little things with Evy that are really not that big of a deal to other people. Like when she learns to take a bottle. FINALLY. In the grand scheme of things, not a big deal, but when she finally gets it after quite a few sobbing battles, I feel like jumping up and down and telling everyone I know that my daughter figured it out. AND it makes me want to go out on a date (are you reading honey?)

First things first on Monday I got a taste of what having twin almost 2 year olds at my house would have been like. They slept over on Sunday night, which was for the most part uneventful, and stayed for the morning on Monday. I was glad to help my sister in law out and it was fun to spend some time with my only nephews for a little bit. It's not very often that I get them without a bunch of other family around.







We had pancakes for breakfast, made forts, colored, watched a short movie, read, and much more until mom came and we had lunch.











Here is everyone in our tiny townhouse including our giant but very wonderful lab, Riley.














Okay, so many people sent me messages and talked to me about the little bottle issue that we were having. I finally bought the bottle that everyone was recommending and tried it out.









We have been trying it as much as possible lately so that Evelyne will be able to eat when I'm not with her. It's no fun for mom when she is out but her child wont eat without her.






I'm sure that face just made Evy want the bottle, right?





Well, after many tears and calming down, we finally figured out that if she was distracted somehow- like by the TV she would drink!




So this is what we got...



not exactly the happiest girl, but momma was happy!




SUCCESS!




Thanks for all the advice :)






Since Evy took her bottle mom was able to go to a baby cooking class today at the Chefs Gallery in Stillwater. (Thanks Marija!) We learned what to do and had a lot of fun. Now there is no excuse to make all the food for her. We will be starting solids in a couple weeks!!

















1 comment:

  1. I love reading all about your life! I miss everyone so much.. especially evelynEEE

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...