Monday, February 7, 2011

Back to Normal

Wow. The last 2 weeks have just been crazy! I wanted to blog so many times but I had to be responsible and take care of my family and do my work. Thankfully, the craziness has passed and I am thankful to be "back to normal"



When Evy was finally starting to feel better we had our good friends Adam and Kirsten come and visit. They stayed from Wednesday to Friday and like always, we had a lot of fun together. We like to try new places to eat, or make something new and interesting together, and we love to play:
Ticket to Ride



If you have never played it, it is addicting and fun and you want to keep playing it over and over again. It's one of those games. :)



Oh, and did I mention we love coffee? There is always a lot of coffee involved when we get together, here is Kirsten and Evy at Caribou. Which reminds me, Adam and Kirsten first went to Stillwater, MN and stayed at the Anne Bean Mansion, an awesome bed and breakfast that Alex and I have been to and also had our brother and sister in law stay at. Bed and Breakfasts are my favorite short get away option- there are a lot of fun places to go in Minnesota.


On Thursday night Kirsten and I made a chicken and artichoke fettuccine with asparagus and a few other things. It was delicious and we decided to make it a valentines special dinner with candles and the works :)








We had a great time with them and it was nice to have friends over for a few days. But Friday morning Alex started to feel stomach pains. By Friday afternoon they were gone but Saturday morning, after playing basketball, the pain started coming back and wouldn't go away, in fact, it kept getting worse. On to webmd we go, and discover that he very clearly had appendicitis.


It ended up being a very long and unexpected weekend, disappointing, but we really have so many things to be thankful for. We caught it fast enough so that it didn't burst, he was able to be home before the weekend was over and back to work by Thursday, his insurance is covering practically everything, and he is healing quickly and feeling better and better every day.
So here is a little taste of the last week for us:




lots of movies, and wii, and "honey can you bring me... :)"





PILES of laundry...



But lots of boys to be put to work (don't worry, Alex didn't really do that much and the movement was good for him... I'm serious!)





There was also some precious Daddy and daughter time which was so fun to watch.










We are working on sitting up and she is getting better and better at it. It has been so fun to see how Evy is growing and changing all the time.


Evelyne was especially happy at this moment in the day and she kept saying "da da da da" it was so fun and so we called Daddy at work and put him on speaker phone so he could hear her.




I am thankful for a new week and hopeful that there wont be anymore sickness for a long time!!!
And tomorrow I will be posting about something that I am looking forward to. It has to do with May 15th, 2011 and Lake Calhoun and a lot of work! hmmm...

2 comments:

  1. Heather, I love all your posts! Reading them brings my "baby days" back to me, and I love that too. Don't stop - you're doing a great, important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, that comment was not from "Bob" it was from ME - Aunt Dawn. (I'll explain some other time!!) Ha! silly me...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...