Thursday, July 28, 2011

Some News

So in this race to do the best you can at life. He he. We are making a change (hopefully) in that direction. We own our townhouse in Hugo, we were not planning on selling it any time soon, and we couldn't even if we wanted to, it is worth far less than what we bought it for. Not a good feeling, but it's ok. We have planned on renting it out as an investment, maybe for quite a few years, depending on the economy.

In order to have the money to move on to something else, we need time to save up, which we haven't done while living here. So... we are going to move in with my Dad. In Lindstrom. My sisters think that I am crazy, but I am just thankful for the opportunity. Not many people have this option, and we are excited to see what happens. My Dad is single, living in this big house alone, and we will fill it and keep things hopping. No more meals in front of the TV Dad!

This is a scary step for us in leaving the only home we've had since being married, but we know that the future is open, that anything can happen at this point, and it is exciting to see what will!

I feel like there are so many areas in our life where God is stretching us to learn to trust, and it has not been easy. But we didn't ask for the easy path, did we? Bring the rain... Sometimes it takes being brave and saying, "Lord, do what you want with me, I'm willing to go through the storm, so that I can be closer to You and help others be closer to You." Sometimes there are things we go through and it's not even for us, it's for other people to learn and grow through our trial. I know I've been that person, learning from others, and that is why it is so important to share what God is doing, don't waste those opportunities. Okay. Back on track. :)

So I think that we are aiming for September, and that is if we can even find a decent renter and get packed up before then. But if it's supposed to happen... it will! My Dad is not happy about us bringing Riley with because of his shedding... but I just can't bear to think of pawning him off on someone else for a year. He is part of the family. So we're not sure how that is going to go...

Now you are updated. On that. But there is so much more! It will have to wait for another time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...