Thursday, July 28, 2011

Evy with her first cone, she loved it of course!



Time goes on. It is so interesting to me as I get older, I understand more and more what "adults" go through, where they are coming from, and why they do the things they do. It used to be hard to understand them. I used to think, "When I'm in that place in my life, I will be so much better, I'll do things differently." Well, now I'm in that place, and it is hard to be different. We struggle with a lot of the same things my parents struggled with. Sure, I've learned from their mistakes, but life is life, and we are all going through it.








As I continue to enter into this "adult" stage, with responsibilities and children depending on you for everything, I realize more and more how important it is to redeem the time, to keep the big picture out in front of you. Too many days go by and I feel like I was so bogged down with getting things done that I didn't play with evy or I didn't enjoy the gorgeous sunset.








I understand now why people put so much weight into making the most of every moment. I am striving to rise out of the mundane, every day sameness, and make memories as much as I can. Sure, you have responsibilities, and yes, I let my laundry go sometimes, but the challenge is making sure that I am laughing with my husband, that I threw the ball for the dog, that I taught evy a new word.








I hate that feeling of just going through, doing what you need to do, and not making memories while in the midst of it.


ps this is leading into another post, later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...