Thursday, January 10, 2013

 There are a few of you who know that I have wanted a DSLR camera for quite a few years now. For most, and by most I mean what seems like ALL of my friends and family, it is not a big deal to get a camera- these days everybody has one. But Alex and I felt like it was not something that we could justify buying when our finances were so up in the air. But finally this Christmas Alex TOTALLY surprised me- which NEVER happens! And got me a Canon Rebel t3. I am still learning how to use it and what aperture even means- which is how much light the lens lets in... I think... :) But I am so thankful for it and here are a few shots of many more to come of the kiddos!


This is a very accurate portrayal of my sweet boy. He always has a smile ready! I hope that he has such a sweet countenance his whole life. 


And of course, here he is making is adorable"Oooh!" sound. He makes this face a lot too!


 A lot of people ask me about the necklace. It is an Amber teething necklace. Google it! The properties in the Amber are supposed to relieve pain in the jaw and mouth area due to teething. The necklace is also supposed to help with drooling. I have noticed a slight improvement on the drooling and a definite improvement in irritability with pain. He still wants to bite down hard on things when his gums are bothering him, but he doesn't usually ever cry. This could also be because of his great temperament. Ha! Well, I leave it on because it doesn't seem to bother him anyway.


This is a great classic pose. Might have to actually print a picture...


r  
My gorgeous girl. Let me tell you, she has been so easy lately! Not. I'm pretty sure we are digressing with the potty training just because she wants to spite me. It's one of the main things she has control over and she wants to keep it that way. If anyone knows what I need to do- let me know. For now, we are taking a break. From the potty training, not from each other...


And a new favorite. I love my kids so much and even though the days can be long sometimes, and it is a financial sacrifice, I am SO thankful that I can stay home with them.

1 comment:

  1. With the potty training, I would say, let her decide when she is ready. Like you said, it is something she has control over and so she can refuse to cooperate. Kids have very little control over every aspect of their lives and will take all they can get! Once she decides she is ready, it will be a breeze! Trust me, it works so much better when they want to do it. My feeling is, why make something a battle when it doesn't have to be? Being potty trained isn't a life-threatening issue. It might be financially helpful to mom and dad but she will most likely want to do it sooner rather than later. Especially if she notices there is no longer pressure on her to perform. My girls both did it just before turning 3. Elise was older but once she clicked with it, she was potty trained in a day! Just one mom's point of view...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...