Thursday, April 7, 2011

Organizing

For some reason I can't write in paragraphs! Annoying! I will try again later... Alex is teasing me and calling me "Danny Tanner". Recently I have become obsessed with cleaning and organizing. No, I'm not pregnant, I just have the most energy that I've had in the last year- so celebrate and clean! Ha ha. but really, I'm running out of things to organize, which is really neat. Don't get me wrong, I still have PLENTY to keep me busy, but last night Alex and I agreed to clean out the garage today, which made me really happy to have another thing organized and clean, hence the "Danny Tanner" comment. If you don't know what I mean, I'm guessing you didn't grow up around the same time as me. I wanted to share about my closet and thrift stores (Random). Everyone has mixed feelings about thrift stores, great, I just wanted to talk about my newest opinion. I cleaned out my closet and went through all of Alex's things. I mean, ALL. He had about 50 tshirts that he used to wear when he worked construction every day. "Used to" being the key phrase here. So I managed to get rid of as many things as I could and had quite the trunk full to drop off at the good will store. So on the way back from a friends house I went to the one in Stillwater, a couple friends that were following me decided to come with and check it out. I wasn't even planning on going in but decided to since they were stopping too. Now, any store that just has racks and racks I don't do well in. I just have a hard time going through every aisle and looking. But my friend Sam started to find all these cute tops, so guess who had to start looking! I ended up spending $35 dollars on 10 children's books, 3 cardigans, and 4 dressy tops, who would have thought? And most of the things still had the tags on them. Needless to say, I am now open to spending the time and going to the thrift store, because it was definitely worth it! Sometime soon I will post pictures of all my great finds- that could be fun! The neatest part was that I only bought things that I knew I needed and would use. I had just gone through and "purged" a lot in my closet and knew that there were a few key things that I would definitely wear, and only looked for those things,. It worked out really well, and I want to keep up with my closet and keep out as much clutter and unneeded clothing that is never worn, as possible. Maybe I will post a picture of my closet as well... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...